Top 5 MUA Tips: How to Create a Perfect, Smooth Base for Make-up
Great make-up starts with a good skin care regime so here are some top tips to ensure you’re rocking the perfect glow this summer:
1) Cleanse: Remove make-up in one go come the end of the day to prevent black heads and break outs. If you’re in a rush why not try the Micellar water cleanser from la Roche Posay; a one step product which will leave your skin clean, hydrated and soothed.
2) Exfoliate: Traditional scrubs can be harsh on skin if over used causing sensitivity and redness but with a salicylic wash such as Filorga’s Foaming Cleanser all the hard work is done for you. Used daily these are an easy way to maintain healthy skin which isn’t over treated.
3) Moisturise: A good all rounder is best when choosing a daily moisturiser, my favourites are Philosophy Hope in Jar or The Body Shop Vitamin E. When prepping skin for make-up try to wait at least 10 minutes before applying make-up so that it has time to absorb into skin properly.
4) Bring on the glow: If you’re suffering from a lack lustre complexion, an easy way to cheat at glowing skin is with Make Up Forever Illuminating High Definition Primer; a lightweight, oil free texture that will help to keep your foundation looking fresh all day.
5) Minimize Pores: For a smooth canvas for foundation to glide over Benefit’s Pore-Fessional is hard to beat. This unique balm magically hides pores and can be used under or over foundation for top ups during the day - what’s not to love about that?
La Roche Posay is available in Boots & pharmacies nationwide, Benefit & Philosophy is in Arnotts, Make Up Forever is on Clarendon st or online www.mufe.ie, Filorga is stocked in Marks and Spencer beauty Hall Mary St, Dublin.